This feature was written by Andrea Caccese. You can find more from Andrea at this link.
GREYE is a band with a rather distinctive approach to their sound. Their songs are an eclectic combination of progressive, Americana, alternative rock and indie pop.
Their most recent release, “Windows”, is the leading single and title track of their new album. The track is a perfect example of the band’s style and sonic coordinates, as lush melodies interact with hypnotic rhythms and earnest lyricism. The song immediately kicks in with a lot of energy, as the band members converge into an epic opening with a very cinematic feel.
“Windows” is a simple song at heart, but its simplicity cleverly hides the band’s ability to reference so many different musical influences, styles, and directions – contextualizing them into their own, personal formula. There are echoes of Neil Young, Wilco, The Cranberries, Nirvana…This is music that seamlessly borrows from decades of amazing music, regardless of genre definitions and barriers. GREYE set out to channel their passion and turn it into a new language that defies genre definitions and convention. The band’s folk/rock watermark is airy and uplifting, with hints of pop and funk to brighten up the mix beautifully. This is a song that is both entertaining and thought provoking, bringing familiar ideas into a completely different context!
“Windows” is slated for release on July 19th, 2017.
Full details and more music can be found on GREYE’s official website.
Windows Tour Dates
- The Mill – 1026 E Montague Ave., North Charleston, SC 29405 – July 15th @ 10pm
- Common Grounds – 602 S Elam Ave., Greensboro, NC 27403 – July 16th @ 8pm
- Stanley’s Pub – 323 Stanley Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45226 – July 19th @ 9:30pm
- Stone Tavern at Michel’s – 1157 W Main St., Kent, OH 44240 – July 21st
- Rock the Docks – Howard Brown Park, Norwich, CT 06360 – July 26th @ 6pm
- The Hungry Tiger – 120 Charter Oak St., Manchester, CT 06040 – July 27th @ 7pm
- Abrews Tap & Grill – 1794 Bridge St., Dracut, MA 01826 – July 28th @ 9pm
- The Stand – 196 S Montowese St., Branford, CT 06405 – July 29th @ 8pm
- The Middle East – 480 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02139 – July 31st @ 10pm
- Stella’s Barn – 1346 Elmira Rd., Newfeild, NY 14867 – August 2nd @ 6pm
- Lot 10 Kitchen and Lounge – 160 S Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850 – August 4th @ 10pm
- The Back Door Bar – 3092 NY-28, Old Forge, NY 13420 – August 5th @ 8pm
- Palmetto Brewing Co. – 289 Huger St., Charleston, SC 29403 – August 12th @ 6pm
- Johnking Grill & Bar – 428 King St., Charleston, SC 29403 – August 12th @ 10pm