Don’t miss out on our in-depth interview with Blind Lemon Pledge about the new blues/rock, americana record Pledge Drive.
From the opening riff-driven and rockin’ Run John Run
- to the back porch rawness of the bluesy, ivory ticklin’ Moon Madness
- on down to the big band swingin’ and humorous Nag Nag Nag
- and the mellowed out electric piano and engaging woodwind solo of Cora Lee
- or the gritty, down south, Delta-esque Birmingham Walk
- moving into the more pop-rock, jazzy horns found in 5 Weeks of Heaven…
Blind Lemon Pledge continues walking us through an impressive display of tasty, genre blending tunes in an exercise of versatility and masterful song-craftmanship.
Pledge Drive is the fifth studio album from Blind Lemon Pledge and the follow up to the previous Evangeline record. Find a review of that album here.
Blind Lemon Pledge is a master of the craft. A true musician, composer, and songwriter… Pledge Drive will not disappoint your ears or musical tastes.
The studio is my canvas and the music is my paint. This album gave me a chance to explore some of the harder edged songs in my repertoire. Sometimes, I guess I’m a rocker at heart.”