Shahed Mohseni Zonoozi is originally from Iran but he has traveled and studied in various countries around this beautiful planet. With that in context, it’s only natural that Shahed would be the one to bring together 145 artists from 45 Nationalities for, not only two albums, but a concert series which just held it’s 4th event in Hollywood, California at the Musician’s Institute.
While a student in Cyprus, Shahed founded InterContinental Concerts. The mission?
InterContinental Concerts (ICC) is a multimedia production organization that produces music, live concerts, performance videos and feature films. ICC values diversity and promotes unity among all people on earth. The primary goal is to bring together artists from around the world to participate in various productions and projects.
The Journey is the first official music album of ICC. There is also a live album called Cyprus Lives. The songs included on The Journey were recorded between 2011 and 2014 with post-production occurring during 2015.
The Journey features some of the finest musical talent from several locations around the globe. This is a sonic journey that will take us from Cyprus around the Mediterranean Rim across Africa and into the Far East.
For those that really love the finer details, I have included musicians’ names and credits at the end of this article.
Possibly one of the most epic projects I have yet seen in my inbox, Shahed and ICC have quite a list of awards and accolades under their belt.
I strongly encourage you to listen. This is a unique experience.
The Journey is streaming on Soundcloud.
Unrecognized Country (video)
Musicians, Instruments, Credits
- Accordion : Şefkat Sağlamer
- Bass : Emmanuel Paul, Shahed Mohseni Zonoozi
- Drums : Samson Tinz
- Electric Guitar : Babak Mahbaei, Emmanuel Oluga
- Electric Piano : Izu David
- Flute : Behzad Heidarshenas, Işıl Akgüç
- Guitars : Salar Hamzei, Shahed Mohseni Zonoozi
- Piano, Synths & Santoor : Shahed Mohseni Zonoozi
- Percussions : Ehsan Shafiee, Mehrdad Jadidzadeh, Okan Sadioğlu
- Violin : Isam Qaimari
- Vocalists: Judith Okon, Shahed Mohseni Zonoozi, Chinedu Ayinotu, Shakhnoza Kurbonshoeva, Qais Nedal Rahal, Sam M. Pour, Nubi Kayode, Tambe Maria, Gaius Rosilu, Yasaman Behshad
- Rap Artists : Maria Musaeva, Olaniyi Teidi (DJ Java)
Composers / Writers:
- Music Composer and Songwriter: Shahed Mohseni Zonoozi
- Salar Hamzei (Spanish Guitar Solos for “The Cyprus Station” and “Life”)
- Nubi Kayode (Songwriter of “My Life is Çok Güzel”)
- Maria Musaeva (words for “Life”)
- Sam M. Pour (Words for “The Fellowship”)
Production: Recorded and Mixed by Shahed Mohseni Zonoozi