In this series of articles I will be sharing some very useful tools I have found for enhancing my social media experience.
Either I have tested these and found them helpful or currently use them on a regular basis.
Tweetdeck is so sweet Twitter paid $40 million+ for it back in May.
Consider this fine piece of coding your social media control center.
This little puppy grants you access to your accounts on Twitter, Myspace, Linked-In, Foursquare, as well as the ability to tie into WordPress and Tumblr using APIs.
Below is an excerpt from the desktop client feature list found on their website. You can download clients for your desktop, iPhone, Android, or grab the extension for Chrome browsers.
- Update Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn,
Google Buzzand Foursquare
- Retweet Twitter style – or your style
- Check-in to Foursquare direct from the client
- Manage conversations with @replies and direct messages
- Keep your finger on the pulse with MySpace
- View YouTube videos within TweetDeck, and record and share video clips though TwitVid
- Manage multiple Twitter accounts easily
- Use our scheduling feature to check-in or send a tweet in the future
- See what’s hot with Twitter Trends and
- Organize and update Facebook with TweetDeck
- Follow topics in real-time with saved searches, editable from within the column
- Add, create and manage Twitter Lists
- Use your TweetDeck Account to add all of your social network accounts in one go
- Keep your TweetDeck safe with sync and back-up
- Avoid Twitter spam with TweetDeck’s spam button
- Share and view photos with support for Flickr, Twitgoo and mobypicture
- Use keyboard shortcuts to speed up your messaging
- As well as many other great features