In this series of articles I will be sharing some very useful tools I have found for enhancing my social media experience.
Either I have tested these and found them helpful or currently use them on a regular basis.
Tweetdeck is so sweet Twitter paid $40 million+ for it back in May.
Consider this fine piece of coding your social media control center.
This little puppy grants you access to your accounts on Twitter, Myspace, Linked-In, Foursquare, as well as the ability to tie into WordPress and Tumblr using APIs.
Below is an excerpt from the desktop client feature list found on their website. You can download clients for your desktop, iPhone, Android, or grab the extension for Chrome browsers.
- Update Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn,
Google Buzzand Foursquare
- Retweet Twitter style – or your style
- Check-in to Foursquare direct from the client
- Manage conversations with @replies and direct messages
- Keep your finger on the pulse with MySpace
- View YouTube videos within TweetDeck, and record and share video clips though TwitVid
- Manage multiple Twitter accounts easily
- Use our scheduling feature to check-in or send a tweet in the future
- See what’s hot with Twitter Trends and
- Organize and update Facebook with TweetDeck
- Follow topics in real-time with saved searches, editable from within the column
- Add, create and manage Twitter Lists
- Use your TweetDeck Account to add all of your social network accounts in one go
- Keep your TweetDeck safe with sync and back-up
- Avoid Twitter spam with TweetDeck’s spam button
- Share and view photos with support for Flickr, Twitgoo and mobypicture
- Use keyboard shortcuts to speed up your messaging
- As well as many other great features
PledgeMusic.com is a service that integrates your social media accounts into a platform that allows artists to provide exclusive content to their fans while allowing the fans to pledge (or donate) money to the recording projects, music video shoots, or other reasons their favorite band might need funding to move their career forward.
By providing the platform to create such a unique experience with your fan base, Pledge Music is a win-win situation.
The only way you could lose is by not having any fans donating to your project 🙁
In the words of the team of geniuses behind this service:
You are your own A&R and Marketing Manager – you choose the studio, the producer, the artwork, the promotion – it’s all down to you! Let the fans be your label, while you keep the rights to your music.
Headliner.fm puts your social media reach on steroids.
And it’s simple:
- Sign-up (affiliate link)
- Connect your Twitter, Facebook, and/or Myspace accounts
- Invite friends and Recommend others’ promotions
- Earn Band Bucks and use them to create your own promotions
As an example, my latest campaign ran from October 23 until November 7 and was seen over 40,000 times and shared by over 15 different users of the Headliner.fm service.
And that’s only 1 example out of many.
A very clever and useful service you definitely want to put to use.
They also offer premium features to paying members including in-depth analytics and the ability to repeat promotions without doing any extra work.
Make sure to come back for part ii to learn about more useful social media tools.
What services are you using to enhance your social media experience?