Los Angeles based Iranian American singer/songwriter and artist Maryama has arrived with a hypnotic and trance inducing single and video titled Where The Mermaids Are.
Before moving to her current home in California, Maryama studied with Iranian rock stars Ardavan Anzabipour and Homayoun Majdzadeh.
She then found her way to American River College where she earned two Associates Degrees in Jazz Voice and Music Composition before moving on to complete her Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Music Composition and Film Music from the California Institute of the Arts. She is currently working on her Master’s Degree.
Accolades? Maryama has plenty.
- She has performed at prestigious international music festivals such as the Fajr International Music Festival and the Monterey Jazz Festival.
- She has competed and placed in the Iranian International Youth Competition in the Music Composition category as a semi-finalist and…
- in the Music Association of California Community Colleges’ Composition Competition where she placed 2nd in the state of California.
- She has won a Jazz Downbeat Award with ARC Advanced Vocal Jazz Ensemble.
- She has composed pieces for prestigious groups such as Vox Musica Vocal Ensemble.
- She was chosen as Girl Trip and MUZIC and London’s Student Pocket magazine’s artist of the month.
Wow! I promise you this rising star isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
Where The Mermaids Are is a calming, hypnotic jam that will make you feel as weightless and carefree as a mermaid in the ocean, coming to the surface often to feel the sunshine and refreshing breeze.
Be sure to subscribe to Maryama on Youtube where the video is playing.