At the very core we are Joshua Smotherman and C Bret Campbell, but we also have a growing team of people who help us with writing, promotion, research and everything else we are involved in – including Middle Tennessee Hip Hop, Skratch Tapes, and Sactown Hip Hop. The original idea for this platform was the brainchild of Joshua Grosch who works offline and behind the scenes.
Smotherman relocated to Cali in August of 2013 to continue building our network. Bret and Grosch remain in the heart of the indie music scene in Middle Tennessee. Stay tuned…
Most importantly, without you – the musician, the artist, the band, the promoter, the PR rep, the indie label – we would not exist.
We are here to support the independent music community.
What we do
First, a few things we have accomplished:
- mentioned in the book Your Band Is A Virus by James Moore,
- published on the CyberPR blog,
- interviewed by L.A. Weekly,
- served as guest panelist for MSI: Music Scene Investigation,
- acted as anchor for Indie News at Noon.
And back to what we do…
We empower independent musicians by helping them understand effective ways to promote their music online. We also provide website tips, discuss strategies, and share tutorials.
We act as consultants and website managers for a growing list of clients including indie labels, bands, and other small businesses not related to music.
We love music. We love helping people. This website is how we accomplish both.
A quick break down:
- We review, feature, and interview indie musicians as well as venues, studios, and other entities involved in music.
- We consult and share information that helps you build, control and maintain your website.
- We help you make sense of social media as well as the dos and don’ts.
- We help you understand online marketing – the tools and strategies – and the various ways you can use the web to promote yourself and build your tribe.
- We are WordPress junkies so we share information related to WP powered websites.
- We are also SEO junkies so we publish articles focused on search engine optimization and driving traffic to your band’s website.
- We cover (and sometimes organize) events.
- Visit our Services page for more information.
What Others Say
Joshua is a talented and knowledgeable online consultant. He is not only capable of taking a client’s web presence to the next level, but also able to empower novice’s to manage their online content independently! He is always quick to respond and deliver excellent results! Highly recommended! -Austin Ellis, Recording Artist/Songwriter/Entertainment Industry Professional
Bret is one of the most creative writers I have worked with in a long time. He does the research for each artist and really thinks outside the box and gives 150%. -Rose Drake, Creative and Dreams Music Network and Pete Drake Music Group
When it comes to Social Media, Search Engine Optimization, and Internet Marketing Strategies, I’ve never met anyone who is more knowledgeable or hipper to trends than Joshua. If you want real results, look no further. -Greg Dorris, Engineer and Musician
I hired Bret after having a particularly bad experience with another web designer. I was nervous and had already paid too much. But I needed the job finished and finished well. Bret was fantastic. He did what he said, when he said. He was responsive to my needs and he didn’t consider the job done until I was happy. I look forward to a long relationship. -Debra Russell, Speaker/Trainer/Coach for Music Business, Arts & Entertainment Industry, Pro Athletes
One of the best gigs and more of a gem opportunity from a music blogger who cares about music. Other bloggers should be using this as an example for what to offer. Should be charging ever more for the effort they put in. -Domino Grey, Indie Musician and Producer