At the very core we are Joshua Smotherman and C Bret Campbell, but we also have a growing team of people who help us with writing, promotion, research and everything else we are involved in – including Middle Tennessee Hip Hop, Skratch Tapes, and Sactown Hip Hop. The original idea for this platform was the brainchild of Joshua Grosch who works offline and behind the scenes.
Smotherman relocated to Cali in August of 2013 to continue building our network. Bret and Grosch remain in the heart of the indie music scene in Middle Tennessee. Stay tuned…
Most importantly, without you – the musician, the artist, the band, the promoter, the PR rep, the indie label – we would not exist.
We are here to support the independent music community.
What we do
First, a few things we have accomplished:
- mentioned in the book Your Band Is A Virus by James Moore,
- published on the CyberPR blog,
- interviewed by L.A. Weekly,
- served as guest panelist for MSI: Music Scene Investigation,
- acted as anchor for Indie News at Noon.
And back to what we do…
We empower independent musicians by helping them understand effective ways to promote their music online. We also provide website tips, discuss strategies, and share tutorials.
We love music. We love helping people. This website is how we accomplish both.
A quick break down:
- We review, feature, and interview indie musicians as well as venues, studios, and other entities involved in music.
- We consult and share information that helps you build, control and maintain your website.
- We help you make sense of social media as well as the dos and don’ts.
- We help you understand online marketing – the tools and strategies – and the various ways you can use the web to promote yourself and build your tribe.
- We know about WordPress so we share information related to WP powered websites.
- We know about SEO so we publish articles focused on search engine optimization and driving traffic to your band’s website.
- We cover (and sometimes organize) events.